Thursday, March 11, 2010

FabuLash





Lots of people ask me about what the best mascara is, so I wanted to write about some of my favs!





1. DiorShow: This is my #1 favorite mascara for average lash ladies--not for someone who already has good lashes on their own. GREAT for thickening and lengthening without getting clumpy and awful. The brush is my favorite thing about this mascara--I think the application is half of the battle, and this brush is user friendly. It makes lashes look thicker without clumping up, and it makes them appear longer without becoming spider legs. Doesn't run down the face--always stays in place!

2. CoverGirl Lash Blast: I really like this drugstore mascara--it is the one I use for doing headshot/runway show makeup (not for brides b/c I use waterproof). This is an affordable mascara that has a good brush for easy application. Not quite as amazing as DiorShow, but does great work for the price. Highly recommend this for a girl on a tight budget. Just thickens lashes, not too good at lengthening.

3. LashBlast Fusion: COVERGIRL just came out with a new mascara called LashBlast Fusion. It is COVERGIRL's first ever volume AND length mascara, and I can't wait to try it out! Makeup artists previewed LashBlast Fusion exclusively during Fall/Winter 2010 New York Fashion Week, and so far the reviews seem really positive. This product will be available in-stores nationwide this April, but you can get it before anyone else staring March 12th during the exclusive online pre-sale. The retail price is $8.99, and pre-sale customers can take advantage of free shipping from March 12th – April 5th, but there are limited quantities while supplies last. Visit Facebook.com/COVERGIRL beginning March 12th to find an e-retailer.

4. YSLVolume Effect Faux Cils: This is a lovely volumizing mascara, but it has fragrance so I can't use it (allergies). Really like it and would totally put it on if it didn't make my eyes fall out! If you're not sensitive to fragrance in products, try this out....it gives the effect of fake lashes. Not a super thickening mascara, but does great things for length.

5. Clarins Double Fix Mascara: This isn't really mascara, but it is something I LOVE. It turns any mascara you use into a waterproof formula.......great for swimming, running, weddings, etc. It is nice because you don't have to search for a brand new mascara that you only use once in a while.......you can use this over and over whenever you need it without having to switch anything. All you have to do is apply it on top of the mascara you normally wear, and you're on your way!

6. Lancome Definicils Mascara: This mascara makes lashes look really pretty and long without looking like they have too much makeup. I used to use this one a lot when I worked at the makeup counter, and I got a lot of compliments on the length of my lashes. Not made to thicken lashes, though, so don't try multiple applications or it can end up looking strange and clumpy.

7. Latisse: Again, not a mascara, but something that I think everyone should use for optimum results. If you have been considering trying this product, go for it! My lashes are 2xs longer than when I began, and as I said in a previous post, I actually had to change mascaras....I went from using DiorShow to...............

8.DiorShow Iconic: this mascara has an amazing oblique brush. The
incredibly soft elastomer brush features slanted bristles to capture
each lash one by one. In one quick stroke, with no special application method necessary, the brush acts like a brush on lashes. Enriched with a unique lifting formula, this mascara sculpts, stretches and curves the lashes with extreme hold and high definition. Does not add thickness or length, but you shouldn't need that extra oomph once your lashes are on Latisse!

No comments:

Post a Comment